Our Marketing Services:
Forums and Facebook, wikis and widgets. What are they? Will they help your business? What do you need to know? And why is it all so confusing!?
You don’t need to master every new social media program that comes along, but avoiding the whole category can put your entire business at risk long-term.
We can help you determine what, if any, social media is right for your business. What’s more, we can guide you through the process to dramatically shrink the learning curve on what’s important, while steering you clear of unproductive fads.
- 5 Ways to drive social media interaction
- Easy and effective Pinterest marketing strategies
- How small businesses can outshine big ones
- Marketing insights from Pinterest
- Explosive growth of a powerful new marketing vehicle
- Cross-promoting your enewsletter on Facebook
- Balancing learning curves and opportunity costs for new marketing methods
- Top 10 small business Facebook pages
- A different reason for building your Facebook presence
- A devil’s advocate view of Facebook marketing
- Up-to-date help for Facebook marketers
- Little known resources for Facebook marketers
- Promoting your business with LinkedIn
- How the benefits of social media marketing are changing
- Is this a larger traffic source than Facebook?
- 10 Tips for successful Facebook marketing
- How to handle unhappy Facebook posts
- 3 Ways to use Facebook to encourage enewsletter subscribers
- Good examples of cross-pollinating with social media
- Flexible tool for monitoring your market
- Encouraging customer feedback on Garden Watchdog
- Helpful information for Facebook marketers
- Changes ahead for search marketing and social media
- Generating traffic from Facebook without a Facebook page
- Adapting your marketing strategy for Facebook
- Trends in social media
- Can social media reduce your marketing costs?
- How much time does social media marketing take?
- What’s the ROI on social media? A panel of experts weighs in
- The 7 big benefits of social media marketing
- An elegant example of customer-generated content
- Encouraging customer photo submissions
- 5 reasons to start social networking now
- Lessons from the Garden Watchdog Top 30
- Facebook’s staggering growth
- Keeping up with new technology
- The key to establishing trust in social media
- Some Facebook marketing aids
- Fascinating Facebook facts
- How to prioritize your social media marketing
- Staying current with social media trends
- Yet another good idea from Internet Retailer's hot 100 e-tailers
- Creating positive PR in online communities
- Can you adapt these Facebook strategies?
- Need an affordable, robust customer review system?
- 5 ways to get more customer reviews
- Using Facebook well: a case study
- Blogs vs. forums: differences explained
- The demise of catalogs?
- A new way to reach targeted prospects online
- An easy way to get more customer product reviews
- What Classmates.com can teach you about engaging your customers
- The death of email?
- Growth of emerging marketing channels
- How to encourage customer reviews
Regret We Didn’t Start Earlier
“I decided to work with Evergreen Marketing because they offered a turnkey package that took away all of my excuses for putting this project off. I had known Val Gosset for a couple of years before I started working with Evergreen and my only regret is that I didn’t start earlier.”